On April 20, 2013
12:00 - 5:00 PMpresented by
Chefs de Cuisine | Southern California Vintner's Alliance | Pacific Southwest Railway Museum
Reservations | Event Flyer
Chefs de Cuisine and The Pacific Southwest Railway Museum are both celebrating fifty-two years of service and education to the San Diego community. In recognition of their decades of service a gala gourmet food and wine tasting event will be hosted at the Museum's Campo facility on April 20, 2013 from noon until 5:00 PM.
The event will be staged in the Museum's Display Building where you will dine amidst the Museum's historic railroad trains and artifacts.
Food Stations include the selections below.
- The Seafood Station will include several cuisines, including Sushi, Seafood Pasta, Ceviche and much more.
- The Bar-B-Que Station will offer Grilled Gourmet Sausages, Chili, and Bar-B-Que Chicken.
- The "Iron Horse" Oven will serve Carved Roasted Pig and New York Strip Loin.
- Salads include Caesar, Potato Salad with Cherry Wood Smoked Bacon, Tropical Fruit Salad, and Spring Caprice Salad.
- The Dessert Station will cap your experience with Assorted Cookies, Brownies, and Assorted Pies.
- Wine will be provided by the Southern California Vintners Alliance.
- Hand-Crafted San Diego Beers will be offered in the Beer Garden by Ballast Point Brewing & Spirits.
- Live Music will be provided by the local acoustic trio Trails & Rails
- Shuttle Service will be provided between the parking area and the Display Building by the Motor Transport Museum.
Tickets: (Must be at least 21-years old)
Tickets may be purchased at the Museum's secure Reservations site. Your ticket confirmation will be emailed to you within a few minutes. You should print your confirmation and bring it with you to the Campo Depot where you will check in for the event. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you not receive your emailed acknowledgment.
- $25 per person
- $30 per person day of event
- $20 per person in groups of twelve or more
If you are booking a large group and will not be arriving together, please e-mail your list of attendees to email@example.com to expedite the check-in process.
Optional rides on the Museum's Golden State, a leisurely 1 1/2 hour old-time train trip down the mountain to Tunnel 4 & the Campo Creek trestle (see illustration) are available from the Campo Depot, with departures at 11 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. Come early and ride the morning train or take the afternoon ride following Iron Horse. Train fares are not included in your Iron Horse reservations and may be purchased when you place your Iron Horse ticket order or at the Campo Depot on the day of the event. Museum members can ride for free. Museum membership is open to the public and you may join when placing your Iron Horse reservations.
Driving Directions. The Campo Facility is a pleasant one-hour drive from Mission Valley in San Diego. Public transportation is not available.